Real Patient Review: Korean Double Jaw + V-Line Surgery Results (Before and After)

Why I Had Surgery

As my malocclusion and lantern jaw developed, so did my insecurities. Every time I looked at my side profile or group photos, I would get a reality check. I'd also cover my face if someone were next to me as being next to someone in photos was burdensome. Whenever I chewed with my molars, my lantern would appear more pronounced, and I would try to adjust my bite on my own, but I think this led to the development of my square jaw. However, the thought of surgery was scary and worried me. What would happen if I woke up during the operation? What if I don't wake up afterward? What if I experience side effects? What if I don't become prettier? What if my bite doesn't align properly? I have all sorts of concerns, but I'm going to place my trust in eu. 


Why I Chose eu

eu is not a plastic surgery clinic but an oral and maxillofacial clinic with an orthodontist in addition to oral and maxillofacial surgeons. The fact that the clinic had advanced facilities and focused more on treatment over cosmetic enhancement also earned my trust. 


Day of the Surgery 
Before going into the operating room, I had another consultation with Dr. Shin, filled out the consent forms, and said goodbye to my mom. I last recall music playing and the anesthesiologist telling me to take a deep breath. When I woke up, I was in my bed in the recovery room, and I felt nauseated and dizzy. I didn't experience a lot of pain, but it was very difficult to breathe. It was to the extent that I woke up every hour throughout the night. I feel that look like a cartoon pig...lol. Here's to hoping that the swelling goes down soon! 


Day 1 Post-Op 

It was a challenge to get through the night because it was difficult for me to breathe through my nose. This got better once Dr. Shin suctioned my nose in the morning. I look really awkward. I struggled to fall asleep for a several since it was hard to breathe, but once I did, I had a good night's sleep. The swelling, on the other hand, is getting worse...


Day 2 Post-Op

I had the de-swelling laser treatment and my surgical site disinfected and was informed about the discharge process. The plan for tomorrow onwards is to receive the laser treatment. I would like for the swelling, including the swelling on the roof of my mouth, would dissipate quickly. It'd be great for the time to go by fast. I start work next Tuesday—hopefully, no problems come up. Fortunately, the difficulty breathing has been getting better. 


Day 3 Post-Op

I think I'm recovering quickly.  For breakfast, I had porridge with some steamed eggs mixed in, and I headed to the clinic for the laser treatment. The consultant is such a wonderful person. Not only is she friendly, but she consoled me when I expressed my concerns. Because it's easier to breathe now, I went for a walk and ran some errands. I was out and about on my own for about an hour. When I weighed myself today, I saw that I lost 2.5 kg after the surgery. People worried for me, but now they are surprised to see me doing well each day. 


Day 4 Post-Op 

The swelling is going down gradually. I'm also eating well. It's just that when I see people eating good food around me, I want to have some, too. It's just the thought of it, lol. Regardless, I'm thankful to be pain-free and breathing well. My appetite has increased, too. Although I was caught off-guard by the unannounced meeting at my new job today, I was able to talk and communicate. I think I'm starting to see results from the laser treatment. 


Day 5 Post-Op 

My mom said it's nice to see me eating well. There are no issues aside from the swelling. I'm able to get a good night's sleep and I can speak without any problems. Some people are taken aback by my slurred speech, but I think I've bounced back quickly. 


Day 7 Post-Op

I had a drink at the cafe in front of my house. Unfortunately, there is a limit to what I can eat, as I can't chew, but I'm really satisfied with how I look now that I've lost weight. Also, I took a side profile picture for the first time after surgery, and I couldn't recognize myself, haha. It's because my lower jaw was not protruding!


Day 14 Post-Op

My stitches were removed today. It was tolerable, except for when the upper stitches were taken out. I was told my left cheek is infected. Perhaps it's because I only took the medications twice per day even though I was directed to take them three times a day. I should really make sure to take the medications. The inside of my mouth feels better after the stitch removal. I'm really satisfied to see that my face is recovering day by day. My mom tells me that look better every day as well. I'm meeting up with my friends for the first time after the surgery tomorrow, and I'm really nervous.


Day 18 Post-Op

I had the infection treated, and it has completely healed. Since I'm eating well, I'm not losing any more weight. My face is becoming prettier, hehe. I'm very satisfied. 


Day 21 Post-Op

I met with my friends and they were all shocked, thinking I had Botox, LOL. The feeling of heaviness in my cheeks is starting to disappear. I'm eating well, too. If I really want to have something, I cut it up as finely as possible so that I can eat it without chewing. People who have seen me before the surgery have been telling me that my face has gotten much smaller. On the other hand, those who have not said that my face currently looks awkward. Honestly, I feel that my face looks awkward at the moment as well. Maybe that's why I'm so excited to lower my mask throughout the day to see my face. I do not regret having the surgery at all. 


1 Month Post-Op

I think all of the major swelling has dissipated, but the swelling in my cheeks makes them look puffy. Here's to hoping it goes down quickly~ Since the surgery, I've lost 4 kg. I thought I would lose at least 10 kg, but I've been eating so well I'm not losing any more weight. I'm meeting up with my friends one by one and they're all surprised to see me. 


7 Weeks Post-Op 

It's been 2 weeks since I've started the orthodontic treatment. The only inconvenient thing about it is that food gets stuck in the braces. I'm gradually getting used to my face. I'm concerned about the weight I've regained due to eating really well. I think I am forgetting that I had surgery. People have been telling me that I look younger than I am and that the surgery seems to have been a success. 


3 Months Post-Op

I'm going about my daily life having forgotten that I have undergone surgery. Here's to hoping that the swelling in my cheeks dissipates soon. Recently, I went on a trip and took some photos, and my confidence has gone up compared to before. Taking photos is fun now. I'm not experiencing any side effects, and I'm eating well. My face has gotten much smaller, which makes my neck appear longer. I am very, very, very satisfied!


4 Months Post-Op 

My face is gradually becoming more beautiful. I'm enjoying eating a variety of foods and spending each day content. People have been telling me they wouldn't know that I had surgery if I hadn't mentioned it to them. According to them, I seem prettier since I have lost weight naturally after surgery. I've also been told that I appear younger and cuter.


5 Months Post-Op

Looking at my face before surgery feels awkward and has me wondering if my face was really like that. Having the surgery was an excellent decision, and I have no regrets about undergoing surgery a little early. My confidence and self-esteem have improved a lot as well. Losing about 10 kg has helped a lot, so people who haven't seen me in a long time think my face shape has become prettier due to weight loss. That's how natural-looking my new face shape is. I'm not experiencing any difficulties chewing, and there are no facial nerve issues. 


7 Months Post-Op

It has been 7 months since the surgery. Every time I meet up with someone, I'm told that I appear younger and that my surgery was well done. People I haven't seen in a while think I have become prettier due to weight loss and orthodontic treatment, lol. Also, I'm able to chew on dried squid and have meat. There are no side effects or discomfort at all. 


9 Months Post-Op

I recently changed orthodontic appliances, and it made my teeth hurt. It felt similar to the discomfort I experienced one month after the surgery, but it got better after a week. At this point, I think most of the swelling has gone down, and I'm extremely satisfied with my current face. There are no side effects or foods that I cannot have, and I feel confident when having my picture(s) taken. I can definitely feel that my self-esteem has increased. Somehow the time has gone by and it's almost been a year since the surgery. I have absolutely no regrets about undergoing the surgery early. 


10 Months Post-Op

Ten months have already gone by since my surgery. Every time I see old photos of myself, I think that having the surgery was the best thing I did this year. I'm doing well: I have not experienced any side effects, and I'm able to eat what I want to have. However, if there is one thing I can hope for... it would be for my orthodontic treatment to end soon! 


11 Months Post-Op

I'm approaching the 1-year mark since my surgery now. Aside from my muscles feeling a little numb when I chew for a long time, there are no issues at all. I have completely gotten used to my new face to the point that I can't remember my pre-surgery face!!!


12 Months Post-Op

A year has passed since my surgery! There are no major side effects and I don't experience any discomfort while eating. It felt like time was standing still during the first month after surgery, and suddenly it's been a year! My considerable investment in the surgery has yielded considerable results. I think it would be better to undergo the surgery at a young age if the situation allows. Choosing a surgery center that you can trust is crucial, and I feel that I've made the right decision in this regard. I would like to thank the orthodontist who was always thorough and friendly during every visit. I would also like to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Hee Jin Shin who performed my surgery. 







Comments