Real Patient Review: Korean Double Jaw + Revision V-line Surgery Results (Before & After)

 Reasons why I undergo the surgery

My face became very elongated with a protruded chin due to mouth breathing. This occurred because of an accident that damaged my nose when I was a child. 

I want to have a better-looking face and angles and better bone structure from the surgery.

Reasons for Choosing EU

I chose EU because Dr. Kim is very qualified and has an eye for detail. 

The staff speaks excellent English and are very nice to deal with. Plus, EU specializes in jaw surgery.

Day 1

My surgery went well and I could feel and see the difference even though I had a bandage!  The first night was the is a bit challenging because the anesthesia made me feel nauseous the first night. I vomited until a flushed it out of my system after the anesthesia was gone I got much better very quickly and then I met with the doctor in the morning he assured me everything looks good they cleaned my mouth and I went back to rest and drank Nucare in my room more improved than last night for sure!

Day 2

I’m discharged from the hospital today. I’m able to eat a little bit and drink more. No more nausea I have a bit of a sore throat, but I feel and look much better overall!

Day 3

Last night I finally had a decent sleep today was the day I removed all the bandages. Things look so good and I’m pleased that there is no crazy bruising or discoloration at all so I’m happy with that!

Day 4

I woke up today and saw that I was a little swollen and My neck is showing some light yellow coloration. However, I’m feeling good! I’m eating enough, keeping my mouth clean, and taking my medication. I also felt well enough to go out for a good walk too.

Day 5

Today is the 5th day after surgery. I’m doing well! The swelling on my face is about the same or slightly more than yesterday, and the yellow discoloration on my neck is fading away slightly after only appearing yesterday! And my lower lip and chin are still a bit tingly and numb but I’m feeling good in general! 

Day 6

I look pretty much the same as yesterday not much swelling has decreased on my jaw and chin area it’s still a little puffy! But I’m doing my walk every day to help the de-swelling I’m also happy that I have no discoloration no blues! And when I’m out in the park or the city it’s less noticeable! I’m very excited about more progress this week! 

Day 7

One week! I finally arrived at the one-week mark! I’m feeling amazing! Even tho I still have swelling down my jaw and chin which makes my face bulky! But I think by next week things will slim down gradually especially if I exercise more! I’m motivated. 

Day 8

Today Swelling has started to go down a little more, I’m starting to see my face slimming down! Today also is my first day with rubber bands. Yesterday at the 1-week post-op at Eu hospital, Dr.Kim checked my mouth and everything seems good! but I have to practice getting my bottom teeth aligned with the top teeth and the wafer! So I’m focused on that! hopefully, my bite aligns perfectly by the next check-up in a week with Dr. Kim

Day 9

Today I woke up and did a walk per usual. And then I went for my de-swelling Laser session at EU hospital because they do help with the puffiness For sure! So I’m noticing small changes to my face the hard swelling under my chin and jaw is disappearing slowly but surely! And my family is already noticing when I video call them! 

Day 10

Today is pretty much the same as yesterday In terms of changes to my face, I don’t notice changes but at least I do look less swollen so that’s great! Time to go for a walk now :-)

Day 11

Today was a beautiful sunny day here in Seoul so I took the chance to go for my daily walk at Han River Park. It was warm and cheerful! and my swelling is definitely going down I’m starting to look normal again we are making progress yay :-)

Day 12

I had I long walk today. And then went to for my deswelling laser treatment at Eu hospital :-) And I also noticed that Now I could drink and eat with a straw! I’m very happy about it. Man !! Can’t wait to start eating soft soon I miss chewing :-) but I’m patient! 

Day 13

Today was sunny and warm so I went to do my daily walk to de-swelling more :) I ended up at the Express Bus Terminal :) I did some shopping I really liked it there it’s so big of a place, and fascinating too! You can find Anything you desire there! recommend it to every patient to go there for shopping! Today I haven’t noticed changes on my face today but I still feel pretty good!

Day 14

Today was my 2 weeks follow-up with Dr. Kim :) so He finally removed my mouth stitches now I feel lighter no more pain :) and he removed my wafer and told me that I don’t need it anymore! And I was so surprised and excited! Cause the wafer is worn like a month! But In my case, My bite is in place already so I don’t need the wafer or elastics anymore. Yay, this is huge progress!  :-)

Day 15

Finally reached the two weeks mark! my wafer is out Yay :) Today is the first day where I felt normal! I feel as if nothing happened! Even tho My face is still slowly de-swelling and my chin and the front upper teeth and palate still feel numb a bit I’m still making progress! And I definitely have a feeling when I touch my chin it feels ticklish! Which is a good sign! It means my nerves are trying to come back! I’m so excited about more changes in these upcoming weeks! Yay :))

Day 17

Now I’m starting to de-swell very quickly I met with friends yesterday I met at the hospital and in the city and they were so surprised at how little swelling is in my face. If you don’t know me before! you won’t notice I had surgery at all :-) I do still have to swell tho! On my 45-degree sides in pictures but I guess it’s because that’s where some of my metal plates are! But I hope I’ll de-swell on that part of my face soon! I’m so excited honestly! :) All right Now it’s Time to go for my daily walk at Han River :) yay! 

Day 19

I’m literally almost 3 weeks since I had the surgery wow! I feel so natural looking already! I have been walking a lot I walked 30km in 2 days and I feel way more de-swelled than before! Walking helps a lot with the blood flow and de-swelling! I also feel like the feeling on the chin is coming back in certain areas I’m excited to gain full feeling! Sometimes I do miss solid food because I see a lot of yummy street food and pastries! but at least I can eat noodles now and soft strawberry cakes! so it’s progress! I’m excited about the future!

Day 22

Finally passed the three-week mark yay! And I look more and more natural even tho my 45-degree pictures still look puffy slightly. The front and sides look natural and I feel normal!     Today I went to Jongmyo Shrine here in Seoul :) I spent all afternoon enjoying the beauty of this world heritage place while I was taking pictures and sitting down looking at the views and the architecture! I said to myself oh! What a beautiful place what a privilege to be here! What a magical experience!

Day 24

My face is slimming more now I notice slimming on my chin area it’s getting prettier the more Time passes by! I also can eat more things like noodles and spaghetti now! That really changes everything for me :) I feel more and more normal especially since o started eating other foods! 

Day 27

Today was my one-month appointment with Doctor Kim. At the consultation, he showed me the before and after pictures and I saw all the changes and improvements to my face! It was exciting to see the big changes! He also showed me the scans and where the pins are! After that, he checked my bite and gave me the wafer back! And advised me to practice my bite a little more! And in around 2 months I could get my Invisalign again in my country.

Day 29

I’m starting to look more and more de-swelled and I’m noticing that I can eat and chew a little more! But be careful! My trip to Korea is coming to an end I’m sad to leave this beautiful country! But I’m glad I had the chance to see it and enjoy my time here and finally get this surgery done after a long wait and a lot of planning! J I’m so excited to see more progress with my healing J 

Day 31

Wow, time went so quickly! I’m at the end of my trip! I’m so sad but happy also about what’s coming in the future! I feel like I’m gonna look so good after the one-month mark! Thank you Dr. Kim and all the staff at EU Hospital for everything and special thanks to the staff for going home I will start skin tightening as soon as I arrive to give more definition to my jaw and neck and help the skin to tighten more! I will keep you updated! Goodbye, beautiful Korea see you soon! 

Day 34

I finally made it home after a long trip around the world! And I have officially started my radio frequency treatments to tighten the skin back on my neck to get better angles. I’m also starting to chew much better now! So I’m eating more food than before!

Day 40

I’m entering month 2 after surgery and I’m doing weekly reports now. I’m doing my usual radio frequency skin tightening sessions which seem to be having a positive effect despite some uneven residue swelling of my jaw.

Day 48

I’m noticing lately that the skin on my jaw is starting to get tighter and more sculpted to the bone. Also, Chewing has become more normal I can eat a big variety of foods! Tough My jaw on The left side needs some more exercise it feels a bit soar after a lot of chewing! but my right side feels completely relaxed! But hey! I can eat more food than before, it’s great!

Day 57

I finally entered the 2 months mark and I’m currently traveling in the Netherlands :) I feel great! chewing has gotten much better! I still have numbness on my lower lip and some swelling between my nose and cheeks but other than that my face is slimming very fast, I can’t wait for all the swelling to go away so I’ll keep doing my long walk.

Day 69

To be honest I think not much has changed in my face since the last time I posted pictures.   However! I’m happy I’m able to eat more and more things like pizza and certain meats and also nuts. Also, it seems like my chewing has finally come back and my diet is back to normal!

Day 76

Modest progress over the past week my bottom lip is still numb but I feel like I’m gaining feeling in that area a little more than before! Things are changing slowly but surely.

Day 83

This time my update is gonna be from the UK :-) while on my trips around Europe, I’m noticing the swelling on my cheeks still stubborn and a little visible but it’s only starting to fade a little down but slowly! But the swelling on the jawline definitely has gone and my skin is slowly shrinking into place I’m also doing the usual skin tightening sessions to speed the process and make the jaw sharper. Time went by so fast since the surgery with Dr. Kim wow! Apart from some numbness, I feel so normal like I never had surgery. I’m impatient tho for the final results around 6 months to a year! So I will keep updating you every month! :)

3 Month

3 months post-op. yay! After 3 months chewing is normal now and my face starts to look less puffy than before. The skin starts to shrink back, a little slow but it’s shrinking! Even tho I have swelling on my cheeks that is a little visible, I do see tightness back on my chin and jaw area can’t wait to see more results! Ps: I guess I’ll keep updating you once a month from now on! :) See you soon :)

4  Month

4 months post-op :) This month has been interesting! I feel I’m in a transition cause some days I look ok, and some days I look distorted, particularly with selfie cameras! But Eating is great and my numbness has almost resolved completely!

5 Month

5 months post-op: we are almost halfway 😁 yay! This month has been the most dramatic in terms of changes. The puffiness has drastically decreased which made my face more defined like a K-pop idol! The numbness on my lips and chin is completely gone. I do have numbness in my upper teeth but it’s decreasing too. This month has definitely been the face reveal for me!

6 Month

Yay, we’re finally halfway!

I started my Invisalign braces to correct my bite and improve even more and during this process, I’m starting to gain more feeling in my teeth!

Also, the feeling on my palate has completely comeback

My chin looks slimmer and the puffy cheeks finally decreased at this point I look completely normal!

but I’m so excited to see more improvements in the upcoming months!

7 months post-op

This month my face has been getting slimmer and sharper I noticed that, especially on the chin area, it’s getting prettier! ♥I also finally made it home after 4years abroad I’m back in North Africa the weather is a bit cold but it’s pretty and green over here and everyone is telling me I look prettier! Yay! ♥ thanks Dr. Kim thanks EU Hospital ♥

8 months post-op

This month I felt really great! I left North Africa to spend Christmas in France and Switzerland! My face now is totally normal all numbness is gone! the only numbness left is on my upper teeth and it has decreased to almost nothing! I can’t wait to see more changes soon! Yay 

9 months post-op

This month my chin has been looking thinner and more delicate looking! and I’m liking it! Apart from that the little numbness is still in my upper teeth but it’s gradually fading. And my face feels normal! I’m gonna have my nose surgery in a few months tho! To fix my septum and improve my nose. I feel like my new jaw gonna look even better soon after my nose gets fixed I’m so excited.  I’ll keep you updated! It was really fun traveling there 🥹 and believe me there were so many Korean people in France for Christmas 🇰🇷🥰it made me so happy and nostalgic 😍 so cute 

10 months post-op

Wow, time flies by so fast! I had my surgery yesterday and it’s almost a year now! It’s so fascinating how fast I healed and how natural everything looks general after my surgery :) It was definitely worth it to get the surgery.

11 months post-op

Yay, one month until my 1 year anniversary! So at this point, life is totally normal any residual numbness is subsiding and I feel as if I haven’t had surgery I feel good. but! Now that I’m reaching my one-year anniversary I’m ready to fix my nose cause when we looked at the X-ray with Dr. Kim before the surgery my nose septum was very deviation on the X-ray so doing my nose will fix my breathing and make my face even better in terms of balance I can’t wait to see even more harmonious results I will keep you updated stay tuned! 

One year post-op 

Yay, finally one year anniversary! :) I look so natural it feels like I never had surgery. I’m so lucky to have picked the right hospital and the right doctor for my procedure. I wanna thank everyone at EU Hospital! Thank you to the translator and all the girls at the EU front desk! And a big Thank you to Doctor Kim for everything!



Comments