Real Patient Review: Korean Double Jaw + V-line Surgery Results (Before & After)


Reason for Surgery

​I didn't know when I was younger, but I first felt that my malocclusion and lantern jaw were severe when I entered middle school. Due to the fact that I couldn't chew properly, I had issues with digestion, and I had many bad lifestyle habits such as sleeping with my mouth open because it was difficult to keep my mouth closed. Above everything else, as a student, I could handle being teased, but I drew the line when I noticed I began to hide myself instead of dressing up and making an effort with my appearance when I met new people.


Why I chose EU

After deciding that I wanted to do surgery, I found out about EU while researching different hospitals. I liked the reviews for EU and felt that their YouTube videos were fun and useful so I decided to have a consultation. During consultation and the pre-surgery check-ups, the doctor, consultant, and all of the staff involved were very efficient and explained in easy-to-understand terms. Above all, they created a comfortable atmosphere for me, which was a big factor in them gaining my trust. 


1 week post-op

Time went by slowly but it's 1 week post-op. I lost 6 kg in one week... I've tried losing weight before so not eating wasn't that difficult, but speaking and sleeping was really tough. I went to the doctor to get the surgery site sterilized, but the right side of my jaw was weak so he put some elastics on to help me bite :( Also I did the laser de-swelling but because there was no one else waiting, the staff made sure I could do it for a long time so I was thankful. I want next week to come quick so that I can have the stitches removed and speak better.


2 weeks post-op

It's already 2 weeks so I went to remove the stitches. When I read reviews, they said removing the stitches was painful so I was worried, but personally only the upper lip area had a slight sting and otherwise it was painless. The method of wearing the elastics is easier than I expected. Every aspect of the recovery so far has been better than I anticipated so I'm so relieved. I can now temporarily remove the wafer when eating so I can eat porridge. I have a lot to be thankful for. Now I'm looking forward to the 1 month check-up when I will begin orthodontic treatment.


1 month post-op

Time went by so quickly and it's already 1 month post-op. After the 2 week mark I've been eating anything that doesn't require chewing such as noodles, porridge, dumpling soup, etc. by cutting it finely and swallowing without chewing, so I have a lot of energy now. I've also been doing the jaw exercises dilligently so I can open my mouth pretty wide. My life feels pretty normal. I did a 1 month check-up today and I was told that there are no issues and I'm recovering fine so I began orthodontic treatment. However, the upper teeth have a lot of cavities, so I only started braces on my lower teeth and regretted not getting the cavities filled sooner. But still- thanks to the kind doctor and staff, I was able to undergo treatment in a good mood. I should treat my
cavities soon and try to begin orthodontic treatment in the upper teeth as soon as I can.


2 months post-op

It's already been 2 months since the surgery. Immediately following surgery it felt like time went by so slowly, but it must be going quickly because I no longer feel discomfort. My bite is still not matched up so it's difficult to chew, but other than that it's pretty comfortable and the swelling is much better than it was last month, so when I wear a mask it feels big. The phrase 'time is medicine' isn't wrong but I've been very strict about doing the jaw exercises multiple times a day which aided in the swelling dissipating and with recovery. I will continue to take good care of myself so that I can eat tasty food and encourage the swelling to go down even more.


3 months post-op

I did surgery in December of last year but it's already 3 months post-op. I went to see my family and my parents were awkward around me (in a positive way) and liked the results. My acquaintances also think I look nicer than I did before and like the result more than I do. I also am more confident than I used to be and am so glad that I decided to do surgery. I notice every day that I can eat better than I did the day before. Now I don't have any concerns regarding post-op recovery, and am focusing on the remaining orthodontic treatment. For now, I'm looking forward to the 3 month check-up and a happy day-to-day life.


4 months post-op

It's now been 4 months since the surgery. Just as others have said in their reviews, time goes by so quickly after the first month. I thought all the swelling was gone at the 3 month mark, but I noticed that the swelling kept going down after that so it was fascinating. Also chewing food is definitely a lot better now that time has passed. I can eat anything that isn't hard or tough, so I'm back to the weight I was before surgery. My daily life is so normal that I forget that I had surgery. I'm very satisfied and I'm looking forward to being done with orthodontic treatment.



5 months post-op

I recently went to the clinic for a check-up. I took some progress photos to compare with past progress photos and I noticed just how much I changed from before the surgery. Also the doctor told me that the bones are all healed without issues now so I was happy because now I can eat whatever I want. It's really fascinating how the swelling is still going down. I didn't notice it in photos but if I assume that the swelling is completely gone, and check back in a couple of weeks I notice a difference. Even now I'm very satisfied, so I think I will be even more satisfied next month. I keep thinking I made a good decision by doing the surgery.


6 months post-op

Now that 6 months have passed since the surgery, my face looks a lot more natural now. I am already satisfied enough with how I look but the residual swelling will keep dissipating until 1 year post-op so I'm really excited for it. I don't experience any side effects when eating or in daily life. All the feeling has returned and above all else I don't have any sagging like the doctor said. Life is so enjoyable these days, I keep looking forward to the next month.


7 months post-op

I can't believe I'm already writing my review for the 7th month after surgery because my life is so normal. If I mention that I did the surgery to anyone, they all tell me it looks very naturally and well done and that they also want to do surgery. Even my parents who were initially against it are now even more satisfied with the result than I am so I'm glad I chose EU.


8 months post-op

This month was also happy and normal. These days there is no swelling to dissipate but the features continue to 'settle' and my face continues to change subtly. It feels like nothing but good things have happened since the surgery so I'm looking forward to the next month.

9 months post-op

In 2 months it will be 1 year since the surgery. When I did the surgery, it felt like 1 month went by really slowly, but now I almost miss each milestone if I don't pay attention. Nothing out of the ordinary happened this month. I just hope next month is as happy as this one.


10 months post-op

These days, my teeth aren't moving as quickly as they used to so I'm worried. I thought as long as the surgery goes well, there was nothing to worry about regarding orthodontic treatment, but I think orthodontic treatment is tougher than surgery. Even now I'm very satisfied with my appearance, but I'm looking forward to how I will change when the orthodontic treatment is over. 


11 months post-op

It's almost 1 year since the surgery. This time last year I was booking the surgery date and doing the pre-surgery health screening so it feels like time went by so quickly. Now that roughly a year has passed, there is not change in terms of swelling, just very subtle changes to my facial features as they 'settle' into place.


12 months post-op

It's been one year since the surgery. Now that it's been a year, it feels like the period in which I was on a liquid diet was just yesterday so it feels surreal that it's been a year. These days I am still adjusting my bite and it feels as painful as I first started my orthodontic treatment. I want to live a comfortable life without orthodontic treatment soon.




Comments