[Review] Korean Double Jaw + Mini V-Line Surgery | Satisfied When Looking in The Mirror!

Concerns: Lanter Jaw + Underbite 

 



Reason For Surgery

Ever since I was in middle school, the occlusion for my upper teeth and lower teeth did not match. I had a class 3 malocclusion and my lower jaw developed more, which resulted in a Lantern Jaw. I’ve received so much stress due to my appearance so I thought of maybe getting double jaw surgery ever since then. When I went to a university hospital, I was told that my bones had to be cut and that it had to be corrected with double jaw surgery. I decided to get surgery when I became an adult. The factors in choosing a clinic consisted of 1. Do they have an anesthesiologist? 2. Can the clinic perform facial contouring surgery together? 3. I chose a clinic over a university hospital since the university hospital did not perform facial contouring surgery and they suggested a long period for orthodontic treatment (1~2 years). When I first went to EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, they answered all of the questions that I had, and the doctor seemed very kind and confident. At first, I wanted to improve mostly for aesthetic reasons, but I learned that my malocclusion caused functional problems. I met the orthodontist at EU and he explained everything in a gentle manner. Since he was so kind, going to the clinic was less of a hassle. They said I would need orthodontic treatment for 8 months which made me satisfied. It seems they were trying their best in order for me to get surgery as quickly as possible since I preferred that.

 



3 Days Post-OP

The first 1~2 days were very difficult. I don’t know how time passed by. I finally got discharged and the New Care didn’t taste good and I felt nauseous. The medicine was really hard to swallow as well T___T. But my face shape + occlusion changed so I’m satisfied with that. I hope the swelling decreases quickly.

 


2 Weeks Post-OP

I finally got my stitches taken out. It was so painful that I wanted to cry. The swelling is going down and I can eat soft foods. I don’t have any regrets though and I’m glad that I got surgery. I hope time passes by quickly so that I can eat meat.

 


1 Month Post-OP

I didn’t do the jaw exercises that much but I can still open my mouth. Since I was able to open my mouth widely, I was able to proceed with braces. Of course, I can’t eat meat but I’m able to eat more foods other than just porridge and liquids. I still have some dull sensation left and my chin feels a bit weird. A lot of people tell me that I got prettier so I’m happy.

 


2 Months Post-OP

The bigger swelling finally decreased. People tell me that they wouldn’t have known that I had surgery if I didn’t tell them. The area that felt dull before is getting better, as I can feel tingling and itchy sensations. I’m able to eat soft meat like a chicken. I still feel some tight sensation on my jaw but I feel proud that I got surgery whenever I look into the mirror.

 



6 Months Post-OP

The swelling has decreased completely and I can eat anything now. The sensation on my chin has returned back to normal but the left side of my jaw still has some dull sensation right now. My orthodontic treatment after surgery is going well. At first, because I was having a hard time during hospitalization, I almost regret having surgery. If I was told that I needed surgery again, I would be able to do it LOL. I developed a slight double chin but I guess it’s inevitable since the bone was reduced. It’s not severe and I hope all of the sensations will return back to normal.



 EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Tel. +82-2-547-0101

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery



Comments