[Review] Korean Double Jaw + V-line + Cheekbone Reduction Surgery


9 Months: Double Jaw + V-line + Cheekbone Reduction Surgery Recovery



1.     Reason for Surgery

Ever since I was in middle school, my jaw was unusually longer than my friends and I realized that my occlusion was different. I thought it would get solved with braces and went to different orthodontists but they all recommended that I get double jaw surgery. But I was still a middle school student at that time and the cost of surgery was a burden to me. I wanted to see how much braces would be able to help me and then decide on whether I should get surgery or not. After 3 years of braces, I felt that the braces did not help my jaw enough and decided to get double jaw surgery.

 

2.     Concerns About Appearance

My neck looked short due to my long chin and facial asymmetry. I felt that my face looked bigger compared to other people. Taking pictures made me feel stressed and since my side cheekbones have developed, my face did not seem dimensional and a bit flat so I would end up covering my face.

 

3.     Reason for Choosing EU

After deciding on getting surgery, I tried to find different clinics through youtube. Through youtube, I found out about EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. They had informative videos and several reviews which helped answered my questions regarding double jaw surgery. They also made me feel less anxious about the side effects. In order to find out more about the clinic, I went for a consultation. Through the consultation with the doctor, I was able to put my trust to the clinic. Of course, I also visited other clinics but I was not satisfied with the consultation. Also, for reviews regarding double jaw surgery, EU had a lot of positive reviews so I decided to get surgery with them.  






Day 1 (12/30)

I kept sleeping due to the lingering effects of the general anesthesia. The effects of the anesthesia has worn off and I feel much better without the catheter and nose tube. I felt a bit gross since I couldn’t take a shower but the doctor disinfected my mouth for me and suctioned my nose this morning. I was only able to drink “New Care” and water so far. Since my throat is still swollen, it was difficult to swallow. I hope time would pass by quickly. 






7 Days Post-Op (1/5)

I went to the clinic today to get my stitches removed. It did not hurt at all. The swelling still seems the same as before. Since I can’t eat properly, my body feels weak and I have no strength. After my visit, I drank some coffee and felt a little bit better but was hungry. I don’t have huge discomforts doing my daily activities but not being able to eat is really difficult.

 







14 Days Post-OP (1/12)

Today is the day where I can remove my stitches. I was worried that it was going to be painful but it didn’t hurt that much… it kind of stung? Starting today, I can eat foods that do not require me to chew so I bought porridge. There were still some pieces that were a bit big to swallow so I blended it. My swelling is still the same but after removing the stitches, smiling feels more comfortable.

 






1 Month Post-OP (1/26)

It’s already been one month so I went to the clinic to take some medical photos. I was able to see a difference already and felt really happy. I’m able to eat soft foods starting today so I ordered black bean noodles. However, since my upper gums still feel numb, I can’t feel anything when I chew. So I chewed only a little and swallowed the noodles. I can feel some of my cheekbone sensations returning back to normal so I feel relieved.

 





2 Months Post-OP (2/25)

It’s been two months since my operation!~ Most of the sensation for my upper gums and cheekbones have returned and chewing isn’t uncomfortable. But there are still limitations to what I can eat. The swelling has decrease a lot compared to a month ago. After one more month, I’ll be able to eat more comfortably and I wish time will fly by quickly.

 





4 Months Post-OP (4/28)

I didn’t realize how much time has passed but it’s already been 4 months! For my 3rd month, I already thought that most of the swelling has decreased. But whenever I meet my friends, they said my face looks less swollen than before so I felt happy. I can still feel some swelling around my cheekbones but it’s much better than before. Most of my discomforts have disappeared. Until my jawline becomes more visible, I will keep exercising!!






5 Months Post-OP

It’s been 5 months since the surgery! My swelling did not seem like it changed significantly but the people around me have said that my swelling has decreased. I still have remaining swelling under my jaw and around my cheekbones but it’s slowly improving. Next month is the 6th month so I hope the fat under my jaw will disappear.

 






6 Months Post-OP

It’s been half a year since my surgery! My jawline looks much better since I was on a diet. Maybe that is why I feel like I did a great job by choosing to do double jaw surgery. I hope I can finish my braces soon T__T. Due to corona, I haven’t been going outside so I haven’t been able to take a lot of selfies. But on the bright side, everyone has to wear a mask so I can cover my face. There is still some minimal swelling on my face but maybe it’s because I’m the type that heals slowly, it’s taking a long time.






 

7 Months Post-OP

As expected, the bigger swelling has disappeared but there is still some minimal swelling left. A few months ago, masks would feel tight on my face due to the swelling. But now, it feels looser. I’m able to eat almost everything that I want and I hope the swelling near my cheekbones decreases.

 



 


8 Months Post-OP

Since it’s been 8 months, I have almost no discomfort and I hope I can remove my braces soon T_T. I’m not sure if it’s because I gained some weight but I developed a double chin and I guess there can’t be anything done to my cheekbones not being completely smooth. But I’m trying to loose weight now so it looks a bit better compared to before. I think it will improve if I continue to take care of myself.

 





9 Months Post-OP

It’s almost been a year~ Ever since I lost weight, my jawline looks more visible and I felt like I made a great decision by doing surgery. The smaller swelling has seemed to decrease and I can proceed with all of my daily activities.

 

 








EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Tel. +82-2-547-0101

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery



Comments