[Review] Facial Asymmetry Improvement: Double Jaw + V-Line


Reason for Surgery: I went to several orthodontists to treat my open bite but I was told that I needed to do double jaw surgery. So I went to several clinics as well for consultations. My teeth were crooked but I was also told that the asymmetry of my bones was severe.  

Reason for Choosing EU: The doctor was experienced and I did not see a lot of negative reviews. Also, during the consultation, they were kind.



1 Day Post OP

I experienced pain after surgery but not being able to sleep for 5 hours after the operation was more difficult. I was planning on going to sleep at 9pm but around 10pm, I couldn’t breathe properly. So I stayed awake until 5am. The nurse came to change my ice pack constantly, and I was happy to see her. I tried to stay strong with the thoughts that Dr. Kim helped improve my facial asymmetry and open bite.

 


2 Days Post OP

I went through hell during the mouth disinfection and matching my wafers. But after the nose suctioning, I felt refreshed. My nose got stuffed again around lunch time so I had to breathe through my mouth. This irritated the inside of my mouth and throat. In order to recover, I tried drinking as much New Care as possible. During the night, my nose got stuffy again so sleeping was not comfortable. But maybe I got used to it because I was able to sleep for an hour more the next time. There were also rumors about New Care tasting bad so I was worried, but it was tasty to me. Maybe it’s because the black sesame flavor was tasty to me? It had a sweet and rich flavor. 

 


3 Days Post OP

I slept well when I came home. I had the original flavor of New Care but the black sesame flavor I had at the clinic was tastier. I took a syringe tube with me just in case, but I’m trying to practice drinking out of a cup. However, taking the medication is still pretty difficult. After using a humidifier and putting it near me while I slept made my stuffy nose better. My swelling got more severe compared to yesterday. Despite the clinic being far away, I’m planning on getting the de-swelling treatments everyday for 2 weeks.



4 Days Post OP

I couldn’t get enough sleep due to breathing problems. The temperature was also negative so I was wondering if I should go for my laser treatment or not. My swelling was more severe so I decided to go. It was really difficult to breathe with my mask on so on my way, I regretted going to the clinic. During the night, I took off the facial tape, and the swelling on my face and below on my jaw got worse. My friend told me that I looked like a dog that got stung by a bee.

 



5 Days Post OP

I suddenly felt the pain that I didn’t have before. Even though I took my prescription medication, it remained the same. The swelling got worse as well. After searching the internet, I found that some people experienced pain after their discharge even with the medications, so I felt relieved. I was in a lot of pain and didn’t have any energy so I didn’t go for my laser treatment. I’m happy that my nose doesn’t feel blocked/stuffy anymore! I turned on the humidifier in my room during the whole day and I feel that the swelling in the inside of my nose decreased.

 

6 Days Post OP

I was in a lot of pain yesterday so I stayed up all night and came to the clinic for the laser treatment. It was weird because my pain went away after that. The consultant told me that the first week after surgery is the most difficult. I’m someone who stays happy by eating so consuming only liquids made me less energized. No matter how much liquid I drank, I wasn’t full and I felt nauseous whenever I took my medication. I drank a choux cream latte from the Starbucks below the clinic, but I feel I should avoid latte drinks for now. It was really tasty but since I can’t brush my teeth, I felt kind of gross. I ordered a pumpkin porridge and asked to get it blended from bonjuk and got it delivered. I fell asleep at night and managed to sleep for 6 hours for the first time.

 

7 Days Post OP

I had no energy because I was really hungry.. there are too many things that I want to eat. It’s making me tired.

 

8 Days Post OP

Today is the day where I get my mouth disinfected. I still remember my pain. When the cotton was used to wipe the stitch area, it was painful. And the hygiene of my mouth is driving me crazy.. I want to brush my teeth and also brush my tongue. My swelling has decreased if I compared it to how it was before. But I still look like I got stung by a bee.

 

9 Days Post OP.

I de-swelling laser treatment today. The swelling decreased to some extent. I just wish I could eat regularly.

 


10 Days Post OP

I ate yogurt and got a stomach ache. I didn’t get the laser treatment.

 

11 Days Post OP

Today, I received laser treatment for almost 30 minutes. Maybe that is why a loooooot of the swelling decreased! I ate soft tofu and I feel much better. I don’t think I will lose weight anymore, even if I can’t eat properly. Maybe I got used to it.

 


18 Days Post OP

I got my stitches removed and it was really painful… But I feel refreshed after getting them taken out. My swelling did decrease a lot but it’s still severe under my jaw. I ordered risotto and blended it. But after blending it, it tasted more like porridge instead of risotto so I was disappointed. I want time to pass by quickly so that I can eat delicious food.

 

19 Days Post OP

My swelling is not decreasing, maybe it’s because I’m not going on walks and I keep eating salty foods. When I finish studying for my certification exam, I’ll go on walks frequently and make sure to eat foods that help with swelling.



26 Days Post OP

I took out my wafers temporarily and put make-up on since I had an important interview. I can fit at least two fingers in my mouth and most of the hard swelling has decreased. There is still a lot of swelling left in my cheeks and I still have a double chin. I’m starting to forget the difficulties I had after surgery as it’s almost been a month. I thought it would be a surgery that I could never do again, but I think I’ll be able to do it again if I wait out the difficulties during the first week.

 


33 Days Post OP

I went to EU for my one-month progress checkup. Now, I only need to put my wafers on my front teeth which is more comfortable. The swelling near my cheeks decreased but it’s hard to tell when looking in the mirror. It was easier to see the result of the surgery through the X-ray and CT scans. The in-house orthodontist was also much more gentle and makes the patient feel comfortable compared to other orthodontists. Dr. Kim who performed surgery on me is also skilled and I feel that I made a good decision by choosing EU.

 


58 Days Post OP

I can more variety of foods now so I gained back all the weight that I lost from surgery. I’m able to eat happily without remembering that I had surgery. The hard area behind my jaw is also better. I put makeup on and met my friends and they said that my face and mouth look smaller. Regarding the swelling, I hear different things depending on the person. In my opinion, I still have a lot of swelling left.

 


81 Days Post OP

The muscles below my jaw and cheekbones feel stiff. I ate everything that I wanted to. While traveling, I ate squid and meat. My results look natural and the swelling on my cheeks is barely noticeable. The position of my molars is starting to match. I’m able to chew noodles with my front teeth, which I feel happy about. J

 


4 Months Post OP (121 Days)

When I meet people, I hear that my face shape changed. In the past, my jaw stuck out and I was told that I looked scary. My jaw is now placed backward and my cheeks make me look softer. Chewing and the loss of sensation is back to normal now. The right side of my jaw still feels stiff if I try to open my mouth. I think about how I did such a big surgery. Since I don’t want to remove my pins, I was wondering if I could get lifting/laser treatments. Luckily, I was told that I can. I don’t have skin sagging but I want to try and get it.

 


5 Months Post OP (149 Days)

There are no discomforts with my daily activities or when I’m exercising. I’m not sure if I have swelling in my cheeks or if it’s just my cheek fat. The weight that I lost from surgery is slowly returning. When I eat noodles, I’m able to chew them with my front teeth and I’m happy about that.

 


6 Months Post OP

I challenged myself to cut my hair shorter after surgery. I can’t believe it’s already been 6 months. I hope the swelling can decrease more after a year. I’m eating well after surgery so I gained weight in my cheeks. The only time I realize/remember that I did the surgery is when I feel the scars on the inside of my mouth.

 




EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Tel. +82-2-547-0101

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery




Comments