Quality of my life changed after double jaw surgery!

 


I always had a complex when I was in middle school. Many dentists told me that it was no longer possible to improve my appearance with the orthodontics, so I heard that surgery should be done. Since I work in a service field, I have to deal with customers a lot, but I decided because I lost confidence due to asymmetry and lantern jaws.


<Before>


Post OP 1 Day

First of all, it hurt so much. I couldn't breathe well, and I was so sleepy and sick because of the anesthesia gas is inside of my lung that I cannot fall asleep right away. I must breathe all the gases before going to sleep. I hope to go to bed soon and tomorrow comes.

Post OP 2 Days


The pain has definitely decreased more than yesterday, and breathing is easier because the tube that the nurse put in my nose has been removed. I can drink water little by little, so my throat aches a little less. I wish time would go fast.

Post OP 3 Days



Finally, I was discharged from the hospital! I slept much better and comfortably than the first night, and the nurses take care of me very well. I was so thankful that she understood everything quickly even if I said something not clearly.


Post OP 5 Days



I don't know if it's because it's evening, but I'm less swollen than yesterday and breathing is getting better and better. My life will be much better after done with fixed of my teeth! I am craving meat!

Post OP 7 Days



I feel different after washing my hair and put it down. Finally, I go to the hospital tomorrow. Since the doctor dressing for my mouth very gently, I hope that stitch out will be not painful too. From tomorrow, I can sleep while lying down and I am so happy that I don't have to wear a facial pressure bandage. I only wait for the day I go to the hospital. Also, after a week I will be done with fixed of my teeth!

Post OP 8 Days



I visited the hospital today and got laser treatment and removed stitches on my cheekbone! Thankfully it was not painful at all!

Post OP 10 Days



Now I think I'm starting to reduce swelling, too. But my face outline still very bumpy, but the doctor said the surgery went well. Since the swelling hasn't gone away, I'll have to wait leisurely while drinking pumpkin juice. Due to reduce swelling I have to take a walk, but I can only eat liquid, so I'm hungry after a few steps. I hope time flies fast so I can quit this rubber band inside of my mouth!

 

Post OP 11 Days



Today, due to red reduce some the swelling on my face I take walk with my dog. So, I am so hungry. If I can go back to before surgery, I want to eat chicken so badly. I also feel like my sensation is coming back on my cheek and jaw area. But… I really hope these sensations come back after stitch out! I am really afraid that stitch out will be painful!

 

Post OP 14 Days



The swelling is going down well and there are no side effects or pain. Everything is satisfactory. I would be so happy without wafers and rubber bands.  if I do not have open bite I can remove the rubber band! Others said that they didn't feel it and that it didn't hurt when they remove the stitches. Sometimes it stings when I gargle, but I guess I'm already feeling it. On the one hand, it's good, but it's scary.


Post OP 35 Days



Now I wear makeup well and walk around well. I came to work a month later and everyone was surprised. I've heard that my appearance changed a lot and I got much prettier! Also, some of them asked me if I got a nose job done. Also, I was walking on the street and someone asked me that if I am 17 years old, I was really proud of myself since after surgery I look much younger than my original age.

 

Post OP 40 Days



I only take pictures on the side where the swelling has gone down unevenly.  Compared to the photo taken five days ago, the swelling has gone down more in five days, making my face thinner. I started braces in the EU a while ago, and I asked a lot of questions to the orthodontist because I am curious about a lot of things. But he explains so well and meticulously without showing any signs of annoyance.


Post OP 145 Days


No one remembers my old face. I can't remember my old face either. Also, my friends think that something has changed but they cannot imagine or recognize that I underwent double jaw surgery...

 

Post OP 165 Days



I had a friend whom I saw for the first time after surgery, and she made a fuss that I became so pretty. She also asked me if I am satisfied with the surgery, I told her that when time goes I am satisfied even more and more. As my face changes, people's attitudes toward me changes. Anyway, I think the surgery went well in a good hospital.


Post OP 183 Days



I like everything, I eat well... There's no discomfort, there's no pain, and I hope I can get my braces taken out quickly as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post OP 202 Days



I am living healthy after surgery!


Post OP 228 Days



I am really happy that I can try all the different types of new hairstyles! Also, my friend told me that I get really prettier!

 

Post OP 242 Days

I am living well without any inconvenience.

Post OP 266 Days
The weather is getting colder and it’s time to wear a turtle neck! Before surgery when I hear it my chin was so outstanding! But after surgery, even the turtle neck looks good on me! Also, I can try a new hairstyle that I never did it before.

Post OP 278 Days
These days I have a bit of pain in my jaw area but when I visited EU for my braces checkup, I told the orthodontist that I feel like I have TMJ issues. He checked up on me closely and he told me that it’s not a joint problem!  

 

Post OP 294 Days



It was a difficult but happy year thanks to the EU. Many people say I am getting prettier and my self-esteem has gone up a lot. I hope everything goes well in the future!

Post OP 315 Days



As expected, there is no inconvenience and the orthodontic treatment is going well. My teeth are getting even, so I smile a lot. I never covered my mouth and laughed before the surgery. I even covered my mouth when I spoke before surgery. I should have done it earlier before I lower my self-esteem.

 

Post OP 344 Days



I think my face shape has been settled down. I heard that after double jaw surgery there might be a side effect which is sagging skin. But maybe it's because I am young or the doctor is so skillful at this surgery that I do not have any issues and discomfort after surgery.

 

Post OP 1 Year



Once a year has passed, I have lived without any inconvenience. It was so tough time until post-op 1 month, but now I am really satisfied and think that the operation was good. The way people treat me after surgery has changed, and I also feel confident when I treat people, and the quality of life has improved. It seems like after surgery face shape has changed, and the eyes and nose look different, too! As it was a dangerous operation, I think I chose the hospital carefully and the right one. Lastly, I just want to say thanks to the doctor.


☎ Contact us today ☎

EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Tel. +82-2-547-0101

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery


Comments