A severe underbite and jaw asymmetry changed after jaw surgery_EU



Motivation of the surgery
I stressed because my front teeth twisted backward, and my gums were showing too much when I laughed. When I was in middle school, my friend used to tease me how my chin looks and it hurt my feelings. I did not even hear about it from my doctor, but I feel insecure about my jaw. As I grew up, I felt my jaw was severely asymmetric.
When I took pictures with others, I did not want to be part of it. Therefore, I always chose to take pictures for others, turned my back, or covered my face. My brother visited the dentist for braces so I go with him so I can improve my teeth with braces. But the doctor told me that the only way to solve all my problems was double jaw surges. At that time, my parents were so opposed to the surgery that I could not do it. However, I decided to do double jaw surgery and I thought I'd prepare it to step by step.


< Before > 

Why EU?
When I heard that it was a case where I had to do double jaw surgery, I spent three to four years wandering around related cafes such as plastic surgery, dentistry, double jaw, and looking at the hospital's website reviews and post-surgery photos, focusing on dentistry and oral surgery. I've heard a lot from my acquaintances that Double jaw surgery must be done in a university hospital...ᅮᅮ Also, there were some messages saying that there were side effects from the surgery at the university hospital, so I thought that the university hospital was not as safe as it was. The biggest reason is that I want to improve asymmetry and make my face look pretty.  So when I look at EU homepage and saw before after picture I really like the result.


Post OP 1 day
When I came back to the ward, I feel cold. Doctor explained to me before the surgery that I need to relax my body so it will less swell because it was so cold that my body kept getting tense and I was shaking. The hospital turned on the heater, but the cold lasted for a long time. I could sleep when the anesthesia was all awake. Now I should go to sleep but my nose & throat seems to be stuff that I cannot fall asleep. I woke up, slept, and woke up. I cannot wait until tomorrow morning to remove the tube on my nose.


Post OP 2 days
I wake up early morning and I do not feel pain at all that I took a selfie! It is so amazing that I can cover my face with hand! In addition, I send those pictures to my cousin! I really like the result of the surgery already! Thank you, Doctor!


Post OP 4 days


Post OP 6 days
I visited the hospital for the deswelling laser treatment and medical certificate. I kept trying to adjust my wafer since it keeps coming off from my teeth. I will visit the hospital tomorrow again so the doctor will check my wafer again! I think my swelling start to reduce again but the left and right side of face swelling seem a bit different.


Post OP 8 days
Today I fall asleep while practicing to make bite in align with a wafer with a facial pressure bandage. After I wake up I feel pain bottom of my ear: ( I assume that I bite too strong. Since yesterday, my right side of the ear is popping and I felt like my molar is bit ache. Is it because I cannot brush my teeth well? 


Post OP 9 days
Finally, I get to stitch out from m zygoma! I had better need to be making sure not to get exposure from the sun since it can discolor. Therefore, I must put tapes for 2 days on the zygoma area. Today I watched the video that Dr. Shin explains about stitch out and he said that he tried his best to remove it so make sure that patients do not feel pain.  Perhaps I bite my teeth too tightly yesterday night that my left jaw is tingling as if it is my first time feeling it after surgery. It felt a little lumpy and uncomfortable, so I apply a warm pack on my jaw so I feel like pain seems to have decreased. If I do not feel get better, I will ask the hospital. I am happy to see that the swelling is going down little by little!


Post OP 10 days
It was the first time to take shower and wash my hair after surgery but it was not easy L Also, I did zygoma surgery that I cannot put my head down. After a shower, I feel so dizzy and hard to breathe. Luckily, I do not need to wear facial pressure bandage anymore since it has been a week from surgery too! I feel like my life getting more comfortable than the first day of the surgery!


Post OP 11 days
While going back home, I was hard to breathe and feel dizzy that I about to passed away L I must have to eat well! Therefore, I took some rest at home and ate soup and yogurt. From now on even though I do not want to eat any food, I will force myself to eat it for my health. I can also feel that my palate sensation is almost coming back but my lips area sensation does not come back fully.  Ah! Before the surgery I read the reviews about zygoma surgery, the symptoms appeared in the right ear just as I read that cheekbones could feel numb like water went into the ear! Symptoms appear when swallowing saliva, then it's okay when swallowing it again, but I think it's going to get better gradually and it's not that uncomfortable, so I'm going to wait comfortably!



Post OP 14 days
I removed stitch out today! I hope its not pain but my upper jaw was bit hurts. However, I really appreciate that I can eat more food than before after stitch out! From now on, I can work on jaw exercise so I can open my wider!


Post OP 15 days
2 days ago, I was trying to brush my teeth molar area but toothbrush cannot reach it but thankfully, it can reach today! My family and cousin told me not to get the surgery but after they see my face with surgery, they really like the result of the surgery too! In addition, they told me that my face shape gets much prettier even with the swelling! I think I made a good choice to do surgery at EU!



Post OP 16 days
I ate a home run ball snack, but my jaw did not open well yet, so I pressed the home run ball snack a little flat. After removing the stitches, I could not complete 10 jaw exercises 4 times. I think I should work harder. My left side is a little stiff and my right side is less stiff. I can't wait to eat more delicious food!!


Post OP 18 days
When I wake up in the morning, I get a little more swollen. The swelling goes down a bit in the evening. I only can put one finger yet, so I think I should work out jaw exercise harder. The shape of the left and right jaw is different, but I do not know if this is swelling or bone. I don't think I'll know until the swelling goes down!!


Post OP 19 days
While washing my face, I blow my nose so bad that I feel like my ear is blocked I think because I put a lot of pressure on my face. I should be more careful. I saw my surgery review picture again and it seems like my face has been deswelling a lot! I will work hard on my jaw exercise so I can put 2 and a half fingers inside of my mouth!


Post OP 20 days
If you bite only a wafer and relax your lips, your lips will not close and there will be a space between them. I am a little worried about this, but I am also worried because both sides are not the same. Will it get better when the swelling goes down later? I think I should ask the hospital tomorrow.


Post OP 21 days
Yesterday, I asked about the asymmetric lip, and they said it was because of edema, so I decided to wait!!! I want to chew delicious food!!


Post OP 24 days
I start to have a pimple on my face as I read from the reviews. Also, I feel bit pains when I do jaw exercise and I can that screws on my gum. That bothers me when I move my mouth. I hope that I can remove it when I reach post-op 1 month!  I also dream about eating all different food! I am desperate to chew some food!


Post OP 26 days
My deswelling differently left, right side, and I think I am trying to force myself on lip to close it! When I touch my bottom lips, I can feel that sensation is coming back!


Post OP 27 days
When I wake up my through and mouth feel so dry! I think because while I am sleeping I am opening my mouth! I hope my sensation is coming back


Post OP 29 days
The doctor showed to me before and after surgery pictures! Wow! I realize once more that I made such a good choice to do surgery at EU! My face got much shorter and my cheekbone does not looks protrude anymore! Still I only can insert 1finger and half! I must work hard on my jaw exercise! Finally, I can chew more food than yesterday!


Post OP 35 days
It was the first time to put makeup on after surgery. I feel like it is not my skin! My friend told me that the surgery result is good that the surgeon is like a god! She told me that even my side view is pretty that she wants to take pictures with me.


Post OP 43 days
. I think my nose swelling is not reducing fast as other parts. Today, I hang out with my friend and she took a picture for my side view. Before surgery, usually, I do not allow my friend to take pictures for me but this time I allow her! I look cute! J My whole face looks small! I totally satisfied with it!


Post OP 44 days
I feel good because I can see that the swelling is going down! I went to eat grilled clams today, and I chewed some soft parts and swallowed some hard parts and or spit them out if it is too big. Maybe it's because I didn't do jaw exercise properly for a few days, but when I opened my mouth right away without the rubber band, only one and a half fingers can go in. I think I need to work out my jaw exercise often.


Post OP 45 days
I am doing well except that my jaw and cheekbones feel stiff when I yawn!!! I am not sure I am in the right position of the bite since when I try to chew the food I cannot chew well L I feel like rice is going the edge of the teeth … I don’t know how to explain it! I just want to eat pork belly soon!


Post OP 48 days
I met an acquaintance who did not know I had the surgery, and she almost cannot recognize me! "It's me, but she does not think it's me," She asked if the facial bone surgery is hurt, so I said it did not hurt. I told her it did not hurt as much as double eyelids, but it really did not hurt... Why doesn’t it hurt when you are cutting and move the bones? I do not know if it is because of the injection and the medicine, but it there was nothing like this at all, and there was only a little uncomfortable breathing right after surgery, not being able to eat as much as you want, and living as if you could not take shower! But I think I was able to endure it well because of the number of things that became more comfortable!!


Post OP 54 days
My right face feels like the sensation is coming back! I do not have a heavy feeling anymore. My left side pulling feeling is decreasing when I lie sideways. I asked the hospital for a few more days later if I still uncomfortable\. I will wait for a few more days because I will have a monthly check-up with the doctor. I think I am gaining weight now that I have eating more food.


Post OP 57 days
The feeling of pulling for the left side decreased, but the feeling of the left jaw or cheekbone began to feel tight. Sometimes I had pain in my ear, but the feeling of water going in like in the early days of surgery seems to have disappeared since I have not felt it for weeks! I have had ear pain a few times before the surgery, so I do not really care about it, but... I am most concerned that the left side feels tight. I hope it's fine! Whenever I feel tights on the left side of my face that I am paying more attention to the left side of my face and jaw exercises! I took a selfie and it seems like my face got shortens a lot that I am satisfied with the result of the surgery. Therefore, I do not need to edit my photo anymore!


Post OP 65 days
I went to the hospital a few days ago to check a CT scan and a doctor's consultation because I felt like I was pulling only my jaw, but he said there was no major problem! The reason why I cringe on my left side is when I move my mouth, there is a part of the screw that is stuck in my gums. Alternatively, I was relieved to hear that it could happen if the muscles were tense because the teeth were not in the right situation! Maybe it is because I was nervous to remember the right position of the teeth after taking out the wafer. Therefore, I tried my best to get rid of it. These days, I have a tingling sensation that my left sense is about to come back!!!


Post OP 70 days
Maybe because I did not practice opening my mouth, it was hard to put cherry tomatoes in one bite. Everything else is fine!!! Now I can chew the cucumbers by cutting them into small pieces. I still have swelling in the nose and the philtrum is still a little stagnant!! I am going to have to work harder on my jaw exercise so that I can open my mouth wide.


Post OP 78 days
I used to feel tight on my philtrum when I put on lipstick or when I pronounced O, but it is a little less these days! Now, when I wake up and open my mouth, two fingers go in as standard, but three is too tough for me. I am doing many mouth exercises whenever I think of it! I am happy to see many selfies!


Post OP 86 days
Two screws stuck in the upper gums do surgeon removed for me! I was really touched because the surgeon removed them very gently so I can barely feel the pain. When will the orthodontic treatment end? I want to show my teeth and smile!! Sometimes the side of my left lip stings, but it is okay because it is tolerable! The right one was tickling, but the left one was tingling and it felt right. I have been hearing a lot of comments that I look cuter after surgery! I think it is because the length of my face gets much shorter and my cheeks get chubby because of the swelling, but I feel great.


Post OP 92 days
Finally! I cut my hair! What I really wanted to do after surgery was to cut my hair short!!! After the surgery, I think I am gaining confidence. I am happy to hear that I look good in everything after I cut my hair... I'm happy again because I finally cut my hair very short!... I am very confident that I will try another short cut next time!

☎ Contact us today ☎
EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Tel. +82-2-547-0101
Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/
Email : eu@eudental.co.kr
Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107
Kakao : eudental
Instagram : eusurgery
Youtube : eusurgery


Comments