[Surgery Review] Face asymmetry + occlusion + lantern jaw + long face improved through double jaw surgery in Korea





The motivation of the surgery
First of all, I have face asymmetry + occlusion + lantern jaw + long face. From the time I went to the dentist when I was 12 years old, they told me that it is difficult to improve with only orthodontic treatment, and necessary to get double jaw surgery. My parents also told me that they would do double jaw surgery later, and I kept it in mind that if I grow up I will do the surgery for sure. As the bones grew, the asymmetry and lantern jaw was getting worse. When I was in middle school, my classmate teased me a lot about my appearance and I was stressed about it. As I entered high school, it continued to shrink, making it harder to deal with new people. It wasn't a strange personality, but when I saw it, I was riding it very hard. Functional improvement, such as leaking pronunciation or not being able to cut noodles, of course, is enough reason to gets double jaw surgery, but I think the aesthetic is taking a big part in the reason that I should get the surgery done. In the functional part, I don't get much stress, but due to the appearance my self-esteem is very low and I started to put down myself. So, I think I decided to do double jaw surgery for myself.


Why EU?
My parents were very concerned about safety. So I went looking for oral and maxillofacial surgery hospital rather than plastic surgery hospital. First of all, as soon as I entered the hospital, I was surprised because there were many people. There will be a reason why there are many people, so since I entered, I have more faith than other hospitals. When I was consulted with the doctor, he explains to me that you could help me to get the ideal face shape that I want such as the degree of the face or the ratio. In other hospitals, I was only interested in the operation itself, and there was no consultation tailored to me. I had severe rhinitis, but when EU mentioned the part differently from other hospitals and told me that it would be good for surgery.


Operation Day
I think it would be a lie to say that nothing hurts. Still, it's not enough to die, but it's enough to be able to bear it. And others said it was hard to breathe, but I wasn't that bad. The hardest thing was when the blood kept coming up to the throat and I was feeling sick. Because of general anesthesia, I woke up often spit out blood when I suppose to sleep.


Post OP 2 Days
It's been a day after surgery, and my physical condition has improved compared to yesterday! The nurses also said that I am in better condition than others. My case was severe that even post-op 2 days I look so different.  I say that I start swelling from day 3, but I think it will be better than before surgery.


Post OP 3 Days
When I was discharged and came home, I asked the consultant about pain on my teeth since it was so painful with wafers and pressure bandages. She kindly told me that I can remove the pressure bandage for a while. And after lunch, I have to take medicine now, but I haven't taken medicine well, so it's very difficult to take medicine. I think the tips for taking medicine should come up quickly.



Post OP 5 Days
I swelled so much that I could never feel this swelling in my life. Most of the people said that the face will be even puffier up to 4-5 days. When I sent a picture to my friends, they said that they seemed to have used a mobile phone application that turned into a babyface and that I look like an elementary school student. The swelling is the most symmetrical at the maximum, and I'm so impressed that the chin went in a lot.


Post OP 10 Days
I'm getting lasers treatment at the hospital steadily. In those days wafers fit well that I can bit comfortably, and I have a tip to take medicine. So everything is comfortable. A few days later, I'm going to remove my stitches! I am looking forward to removing my stitches!


Post OP 13 Days
I think the swelling is slowly falling out. I have a feeling that I can see my jawline? I was forced to diet because I did operate that I cannot eat food freely. I can wear pants comfortably after lost about 5 kilos.  I'm going to keep my weight!


Post OP 15 Days
I was nervous about removing the stitches, but it didn't hurt much. And the wafer was movable that the doctor needs to fix the wafer. Wafer supposed to be detached from the 2nd week, but I have to fix it that I need to eat liquid food 2 more weeks


Post OP 18 Days
I think the swelling is reduced a lot more then a photo that I send it to her last time, but she said that my face is still swelling a lot. I asked her if my swelling looks like a fat ad she said that I just looks like swelling from the surgery.


Post OP 23 Days
I didn't have physical strength, but after I had surgery, my physical strength fell so much that I feel like If I do not work out  I couldn't move it soon. I think fitness management is essential before surgery. Otherwise, you'll burn out like me. I just walked at the gym, but I improved my fitness a lot even though I was walking.


Post OP 26 Days
It's the first time I saw her after surgery, and she told me that my face was getting small and cute. I'm not used to compliments yet, and I am very embarrassed, but I feel great. Now it's a month! I think the jawline is clearly visible now


Post OP 29 Days
I think time went really fast. I went to the hospital for braces and monthly check-ups. The doctor told me that symmetry was improved a lot, the occlusion was good, and the surgery outcome is also good. When I looked at the pictures before and after X-rays, the difference was huge. I can trust and entrust Dr. It's Kim !. I met an orthodontist for the first time because I was surgery first approach than braces. Why are all the EU doctors gentle? I was so impressed they treat me so kind.


Post OP 37 Days
After a month, the swelling seems to have decreased! In the past, when I was taking a selfie, I used to edit on the photo and modify my jaw to looks smaller and the symmetry was not correct even when I was edited. The bangs were mandatory and I was busy covering my face with my side hairs, but I feel like I reborn after surgery..


Post OP 44 Days
When I applied my makeup properly, I think my image really changed a lot. The acquaintances who don't know that I did the surgery, they think that I changed my image a lot may cause of the braces or diet. Also, people cannot recognize that I did double jaw surgery unless I told them I had surgery first. I think the doctor did the surgery so naturally. Thank you for being so good at the surgery and being kind to take care of the post-care.


Post OP 53 Days
I can smile much naturally nowadays, and I can open my mouth well. I am available to eat many foods unless it is hard or chewy! It seems that my stomach has shrunk a lot because I didn't eat well after surgery. It seems that the diet is automatically adjusted because the amount of eating is less than before the operation. I think there are so many benefits from surgery. The image is softened, I am dieting, I am deeply confident, and I think it has changed a lot.


Post OP 62 Days
I had a part-time job at a convenience store and the manager told me that he chose me because my first impression looks good. I feel good when customers sometimes give drinks.

☎ Contact us today 

EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surger

Tel. +82-2-547-0101 
Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/
Email : eu@eudental.co.kr
Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107
Kakao : eudental
Instagram : eusurgery
Youtube : eusurgery



Comments