EU Real Story - Post OP 3 Weeks Double Jaw + V-line Surgery


      [Before the Operation]


Post Op.

Surgery was a success. I was sent into the operation room at 11:00. Guess it was quite a long surgery!

Dr. Shin visited me a few times on the day of surgery making sure everything is ok.

The first night was tough as it was difficult for me to breathe normally after surgery. Thankfully EU staff were helpful and patient with me on the first night.




Day 1

Day 1 post operation was a lot easier. Am able to breathe easily after the air tube and urine catheter was taken out in the morning. I went to do my first De swelling treatment followed by disinfection of my wound. As Dr. Shin wasn't around, I was attended by Dr. Kim whom was equally nice! I was worried about my bite initially but I got assurance from both Doctors that it will get better. Swelling kept on coming but I guess it's normal.


Day 2  - Discharge

Yeah! Finally getting discharged and am feeling better. Swelling still kept on coming. EU staff was kind enough to accompany me to get medication and flag taxi for me. Thank you EU!


Day 3 - 7

My swelling peaked on the 4th day and it started to go down after. I went for de swelling treatment on a daily basis at EU Clinic. It helped a lot with reducing my swelling. Went for my 1st week follow up with Dr. Shin. Dr. Shin decided to remove my rubber band as I am able to bite properly with more practice. Can't wait for my second follow up and to remove my stitches.

                           [Day 5 post OP]                   [Day 7 post OP]

Day 10 Post Op

My swelling goes down more significantly on day 10. The only things that bothers me is the wafer. I feel really dirty and wish I could just brush my teeth!!! Guess I will just wait for week 2 to come and consult Dr.Shin on it. Other than that am recovering well. PS: am able to open 1.5 fingers wide on day 10!


Day 11 Post Op

I went out with my friend for the first time after surgery! Very excited and happy because I've locked myself up in the room for the past 10 days (other than groceries and visiting the clinic). We went to Central Park Incheon for sightseeing/dinner/coffee. My friend was nice enough to accommodate my diet requirement, so we decided to have Korean congee for dinner as I can't really chew solid food yet. Am surprised how fast my recovery is too.


Day 15 post Op

Its the day after the removal of stitches and I can't wait to hang out with my friend already. Went for a haircut in the morning and met my friend for lunch at Bon porridge Hongdaebranch. They serve one of the best porridge and it fits right into my current diet. We then we for dessert (manage to eat some cake!). I think my recovery was faster than I thought it would be. We then went to the light festival at Cheonggyecheon stream. It was so beautiful! My swelling is still there but its getting better.

Day 18 - 20 Post OP
Managed to chew some soft food like minced meat and porridge. My swelling continues to go down as expected. My wafer has been getting loose but Dr.Shin will be re-adjusting it for me soon. Also, EU staff has been very helpful in getting in touch with my orthodontist. Can't wait for my next follow up before heading back to Singapore.

Week 3 Post Op
It has been 3 weeks since my double Jaw and V line surgery. Am able to hang out with my friends more normally now without being too self-conscious. Also, by doing the mouth exercises regularly, am able to open my mouth about 2 fingers wide ( or slightly more). Recently I bought a sandwich and managed to eat it by chewing it slowly too!



Comments