Jaw Correction Surgery Review from Myanmar (double jaw surgery, V-line surgery)


I have been suffering from underbite and facial asymmetry. I cannot chew and cut meat properly as I am having the underbite problem. And also I don't have confidence in talking to people and smiling at them. I consulted with two or three maxillofacial and orthodontic doctors in Myanmar, and they suggested to have jaw surgery to correct my bite. They referred to Korea for jaw surgery as cosmetic and jaw surgery in Korea is sophisticated and safe. So me and my brother (he is a doctor too) researched a lot online and found two or three clinics in Seoul which can do double jaw surgery very well.

Then I continue going to EU dental. Consulting with Dr Kim is really nice and EU English consult ant, Tracy is really helpful too. Dr Kim looked carefully the details of my mouth, my teeth and jaw position. He explained details about the double jaw surgery and the procedure I needed to do. He suggested I should undergo orthodontic treatment first before the double jaw surgery for the better outcome as my teeth are much malaligned. Coultation with Dr Kim was good and their before/after surgery photos were encouraging. So we decided to choose EU dental. Dr Kim gave me the surgery plan and orthodontic plan I need to do in Myanmar. I went back to Myanmar first and did orthodontic treatment as Dr Kim suggested.

After 1 and half years of orthodontic treatment, my teeth position become much more aligned than before and became the optimal condition to undergo double jaw surgery.  It was really good to back to Seoul again and see Dr Kim and EU dental team members. They did not change much except the clinic became to have much more patients and crowded than last two years. I did pre-surgery examination and check up; blood tests, ECG and Chest X ray. The results are good and I am ready to do the surgery. I consulted again with Dr Kim and did wafer to wear after surgery.



I am excited and a little bit nervous about the procedure but my brother and my family supported me very well. We stayed at Lex Hotel which is 3 min walk to the clinic and very convenient for us.On surgery day, I have to do fasting for at least 8 hours so I didn't eat or drink anything after midnight. I arrived clinic at 12:30PM. The clinic staffs greet me warmly and chatted for a few minutes to relax my anxiety. I placed my stuff in the locker room and changed the cloth. Then they took some photos of me and interview some questions. One of the staffs explained the possible outcomes and complications of the surgery and I had to give verbal and written consent. I consulted with Dr Kim again and he explained again the surgery plan again. I told and showed him the photos of the appearance that I want to look after surgery. He explained the most possible outcome I could look like after surgery. I felt secure after discussion with him and ready to enter OT room. And I had to enter the OT room around 2:30PM. The OT nurse inserted a cannula into my right forearm and injected some medicine may be anesthesia I don't know exactly. Then I thought I slept.

I woke up again when the OT staff softly slapped my arms. And I felt dizzy and like I had slept for a long time. It was around 7:00PM. When I was fully waking up, I just walked to my room. I lied down on the bed with 45° upright position. There was a tube in my nose to assure I am breathing well but it was a little bit uncomfortable. There was a unrinal catheter inserted too so that I didn't need to go to the toilet. The nusre told me that I can drink water at 12:30AM. There was pressure bandage around my face. I did not feel any pain but just dizzy and thirsty. There was some blood draining from my angle of mouth and I had to wipe it out with tissue. I had to swallow blood and saliva as much as I could. My nose was blocked with blood and mucus and I told the nurse about that, she came and gave me nasal spray. It made me a lot comfortable. The nurse also injected antibiotics and pain killer. Dr Kim came and checked my condition, he said the operation was good. I felt relieved. After that I fell asleep.

The next morning the nurse gave me a welllife bottle for my breakfast. I had to drink using 50cc syringe and feeding tube as I cannot open my mouth too much. I looked myself in my phone, my face was swallowed like a watermelon. But I examined my teeth, I could feel that upper teeth and lower teeth were in touch and in the same line. That was a good feeling for me. The nurse came and removed the nasal tube and the catheter. That made me more comfortable. And then she took me to a room for laser treatment for deswelling. I was not hungry because of the drip line.



I had to drink water and wellife as much as I could.I passed Day 1 and Day 2 with no much difficulty because my brother was always beside me and help me a lot too.

On discharge day, Dr Kim checked my bite and showed how to wear wafer. I came back to hotel and rest for the whole day. I slept a lot and drink water and nutrition powder mixed with water as my meal.

Now it has been post-op 7 days, everything is good. My bite is really okay now although I cannot eat food yet. My face become symmetrical. I cannot tell exactly how my appearance will become because of residual swelling but I can feel that it will look good. Special thanks to Dr Kim and EU dental staff for my successful surgery. I chose the right and best clinic for my double jaw surgery






Comments