Post OP 14 Days after V-line & Zygoma Surgery (Singapore)


WHY EU?

For a long time, I wanted to get mandibular surgery because I always felt insecure with my face shape...

I've contacted a lot of clinics and did tons of research and felt that the safest surgery anyone can have is from oral and maxillofacial surgeons who can solve both cosmetic and reconstructive needs. There are a number of clinics out there but I narrowed it down to EU because I heard Dr Shin and Dr Kim are maxillofacial surgeon that used to work at big plastic hospital. Hence I'm sure they can also perform dramatic and natural results. I also heard that EU Doctors only perform 1 surgery a day which is very crucial because this will result in no chances of fatigue hence lesser room for mistakes.

Also before coming to Korea I contacted EU on kakao, a group chat consisting of 2 English consultants and a doctor. They are all very friendly, replied very promptly and not pushy with sales. They treat me as an actual patient compares to other clinics hence I've decided to book an offline consultation with EU.

On the day of consultation with Dr Shin, I prepared a list of questions and bought a compilation of pretty face shapes I wish to achieve.

Initially, I was afraid there will be a language barrier but there's very loveable in-house English communicator/translator. Thanks to her I feel more at ease because my questions and facial preferences were smoothly conveyed to the Docter. They also wrote everything down on paper from my ideal facial shape to make sure they got everything right. The doctor also explained to me what I should realistically expect, and made sure all of my questions were answered in full.
They are extremely patient with me so I was set to have surgery at EU the next day.


Had my CT scans, xray, blood and urine test done relatively fast on the same day as the consultation. But fast forward to night before the surgery, I was getting nervous and worried that the Docter might forget my preference but the consultants reassure me that he won't. And that I can meet the doctor to express my concerns one more time before surgery. Really put me at ease!

On the date of surgery, I consulted Dr Shin again, he drew some guidelines on my face and indication where my current jawbone is located. Once I was reassured that we are on the same page. The consultants gave me forms to sign and gave me their set of patient clothing to change.

I had 15 mins before the surgery starts so I took photos of my old face before I was sent to the operating room. Can't wait to see my new face!




Day 1

When I woke up, post op was like nothing what others described. It almost seems like I just came out from a simple surgery, no pain, discomfort or burning sensation on my jaw. Even the swelling and blood lost is very minimal.

I'm surprised this surgery does not hurt as much compared to eye lasik!

I also tried moving my face in certain directions to see how my nerves were and could feel my entire face so I was really relieved!

The only downside is I had a bit of sore throat and have to wait 4 hours before having my first drip of water but it was still bearable.
because eu does not insert blood drainage tube into ur throat so there wasn't much pain on my throat.


I tried to drink 2 cups of water slowly on that night using the syringe they provide.
Didn't know its enough water or too much?
Although when I drink a little faster water came out of my right nostril.


Also, I am relieved that post op care is good because the nurse was thoughtful and gentle. I can also tell she was awake throughout the night, changing my icepacks every two hour, monitoring my body temperature for 3 times and changing my IV drip. She was always there for me when I pressed the buzzer.

But eventually, I change my own icepack as I tend to change them instantly when it's not cold. So I didn't want to trouble her. It was easy because the refrigerator is right beside my bed.



Day 2 and 3

So today I was prepared to be discharged at 10am. Before leaving one of the English translators gave me a bag with wellife drink, ice pack, mask and a few pieces of paper which includes list medication/painkillers, instructions and the dos and donts after surgery. She also said if I needed anything to kakao talk her or come to the clinic. Then I was discharged and went to the pharmacy to get my medicines and liquid diet supplies which is conveniently downstairs.

After the successful purchase, I cabbed home.

I still remember I don't feel week or sick at all while commuting home. Just a bit of sore throat and couldn't open my mouth.

During this period I stayed at home the whole time despite feeling healthy and well. Signs of swellings started to show a bit today so I've decided to stay at home and walk around inside my rental apartment for an hour.

Day 4

Walking inside my house does not work at all... I was told by the consultants on Kakao to walk outside instead. I truly regret not following their advice because now my face swells up like a balloon. It was getting worse till my lips cracked numerous times it hurts.

Today was my first day of having the deswelling treatment using the smart lux therapy. And this treatment will continue for 2 weeks.

Think it helps to promote cell reproduction accelerates wound healing, boost skin radiance and minimize bruises and swelling.

After the treatment, the results are pretty noticeable. I can feel my face slightly less swollen.

After the treatment, I went out to walk the whole afternoon till night. When I reached home I saw this noticeable swelling on my neck.

5th day

The swelling was at it's peaked on the 5th day. It was getting worse till my lips cracked numerous times. I can see ooze in my upper lip. It's demoralising to look at my face cause my features changed a lot till I could barely recognise myself.

Again I went for a walk from afternoon to a night for better blood circulation.

6th day

I've started to feel hungry and was craving for a lot of food especially korean food.. I was emotionally prepared for a liquid diet until I can chew solid foods again.. But it was tough because I am a foodie. I also found out I lost quite a bit of weight especially the tummy area. Which is a good thing!

7th day

My face show signs of deswelling as it is less swollen now from my side profile. Even my lips are also a bit less protruded.

Pretty happy today because from now onwards my face will continue to dwell and not the latter.


8th Day

Today is the day I'm removing my zygoma stitches! So excited but also at the same time scared or removing them because I heard that the level of pain depends on whose remove it.

I went for my laser treatment first then zygoma stitches removable... when it started I closed my eye shut and clenched my fist as it is my first time. But thank god Dr Shin is extremely gentle and efficient in removing the stitches. I ended up relaxing after finding out the first side of the stitches is gone just that easily. Haha guess I worried for nothing. Now I can't wait for my stitches in my mouth to be removed by him!

Then I was given a video of Dr Shin of him teaching how the jaw recovers and oral exercise to train my mouth to function as before. The video is easy to follow.


Day 9

Today i noticed one side of my face is more swollen than the other. My face felt tender but it is normal.


Day 10

Felt the most aching especially around cheek area because I was diligently trying open my mouth. But the good news is I can open my slightly bigger today!


Day 11

My mouth can open much more today. One finger can easily slide in which means more food intake! I started eating cake and bread now.

Day 12

Today marks the 2 days after my stitches removal. Feels good to finally wash my hair by myself! It was the best feeling ever cause I feel clean and refreshed now.


Day 13

I can talk pretty clearly now even when the stitches are in my mouth. Everything is going well so far except for swelling on one side of my face and double chin.


Day 14
My swollen face on the right started to show signs of deswelling and my face felt much less sensitive and tender now. I managed to train to open my mouth and now I can fit in 2 fingers in!

Also, today is the day for my stitches removal.

Mouth stitches removal is slightly painful than zygoma's. Cause I found myself dropping a tear automatically. Other than that is was still bearable. Dr Shin was very comforting and I can tell he tried to reduce the pain by cutting the stitches gently and slowly.

Cant wait for 3months to a year for the result to set in! Thank you Dr Shin, Kayla especially (For making me feel at home) and everyone in EU.


☎ Contact us today ☎


EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 

Tel. +82-2-547-0101 

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery



Comments