Double Jaw & V-line Surgery Post OP 2 Week (Patient from England)








Post-Op Days 9 to 13
My recovery was back on track and I continued to feel better every day. I’ve been having daily deswelling treatments which are really soothing – I always come out of the treatment feeling relaxed and my face feels more comfortable. I have been gradually building up the amount of walking done each day, but I’ve been taking it slightly easier after the nosebleed! I’ve not been in any pain at all and the swelling is gradually improving. Changing my elastic bands has also gotten much easier and is now painless, as I’ve got the hang of attaching the bands and it’s also easier as there is less swelling.


Post-Op Day 14
I was really excited to get my stitches taken out today. Unfortunately, I knew that getting stitches removed is not the most pleasant experience, but Dr Kim was really careful and quick when removing them. It was a bit uncomfortable but bearable and was over in a couple of minutes. My mouth felt a lot more comfortable after the stitches were removed! Dr Kim told me to continue to wear the wafer to avoid putting uneven stress on my jaw until I get my braces put on in the UK, as he positioned my jaw to minimise the asymmetry, so I will have to undergo orthodontic treatment to fine-tune my bite now that my jaw in the optimal position. I don’t mind wearing the wafer, apart from preventing me from talking, it is not uncomfortable and I can remove it when I need to eat so it really isn’t a big nuisance to have to wear it.




Post-Op Days 15 to 20
My recovery is progressing really well. The swelling has continued to go down and my face feels a lot more comfortable. The deswelling treatments and walking have both really helped. Whilst my face is still swollen, I look a lot better than I did on Day 4, have no difficulty breathing and my face is feeling a lot more comfortable. It doesn’t look particularly abnormal anymore, I think my face just looks how it would do if I were to gain a few pounds and I don’t mind as I know it is just temporary due to the swelling and will continue to improve with time. Although it’s only been 2 weeks since my operation, I am feeling much better! The only annoying thing that I have experienced this week, which is completely unrelated to my surgery, is that several people in my AirBnB accommodation have been coughing and sneezing, especially at night time! Thankfully I have been able to stay healthy, nourished and made sure I was well rested; despite being surrounded by unwell people, I haven’t come down the flu! I think it just goes to show how well everything has gone so far with my surgery/recovery, that I have been able to stay healthy and feel better each day.


<Check up before going back to UK>


☎ Contact us today ☎



EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 

Tel. +82-2-547-0101 

Homepage: http://en.eudental.co.kr/

Email : eu@eudental.co.kr

Whatsapp : +82-10-7430-7107

Kakao : eudental

Instagram : eusurgery

Youtube : eusurgery







Comments